Thursday, May 17, 2012

From the Review Pile # 1

From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity

 This is my first "From The Review Pile" entry and hopefully not my last. I just recently realized I have over 40 books I'd love to eventually read, but I am the queen of being easily distracted so I am guessing that's why I never end up actually reading any of them. I can even open more than one book at the same time! The past few months it was : first few pages of The Alchemist, three chapters of Tulle Little Tulle Late, as well as a few more chapters of A girl like moi. I am also almost convinced I never got around to finishing 'Goodnight Mr.Tom', but that's because I usually end up crying by then.

So this week's choice will have to be: Ghosts  by Morven Eldritch.

Why do I even OWN said book? 
Well, it started off with a friend of mine - a guy yes - going to England on holiday. They thought of me and decided to get me a gift on their way back. I thought it was sweet until I saw the book. I am pretty sure his thought process had stopped after 'hey, Aliaa likes to read' not on the actual content, though back then I guess I read anything, but ghosts and horror stuff terrified me. Now however, I guess I am a bit 'braver' or have a better process in dealing with fear, so maybe I should just start reading it and getting it over with. The problem with this book is that it isn't just ghost stories, it's encounters of actual ghost stories that have happened. But, I am determined to read every book I own, so that includes this book.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I think that this sounds pretty good actually! I'm very easily scared though. I like how you included why you own the book! :D Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete