Thursday, May 31, 2012

From the Review Pile # 3

  From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity



Hey Guys! This week's FTRP is 'Heartbreaker' by Julie Garwood.
It's actually one of my favourite books, especially in the thriller-mystery genre. My favourite character in this book is ironically neither the heroine nor the hero. It's Noah Cleybourne.


Heartbreaker (Buchanan, #1)Title: Heartbreaker
Author: Julie Garwood
ISBN: 1416503811

Goodreads Synopsis:

Bless me father, for I will sin....
In the still shadows of the confessional, a madman tauntingly reveals his plan for a murder he is going to commit, pulling Father Thomas Madden into a twisted game by disclosing his next intended victim: Tom's sister, Laurant. In a frantic race to protect her, Tom calls upon his best friend, elite FBI agent Nick Buchanan, to track the predator who is closing in on Laurant. Now, as an electrifying attraction grows between Laurant and Nick, so does the danger -- and one false move will cost both of them everything that matters. 


Why I own said book?
Well, my sister and I have this horrible habit of buying books in a series, yet never managing to actually buy the first book in that series. My sister had bought the book 'Murder-list' because she loved the blurb and the story seemed fascinating. Little did we know of course that this was the fourth book in the 'Buchunan' series. So I decided to help in remedying this by buying the first book in the series - Heartbreaker - which by the way is completely amazing! You should get to read it at some point. It's also hilarious, I laughed so hard that there were tears at times, Noah Cleybourne is epic. He also helps out Theo Buchunan in book two, makes a phone call to Alec Buchunan in book four and finally  has his own story in book 6.

5 comments:

  1. As I read a lot of crime fiction, I need to check this out! Thanks for showcasing this.

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Thanks! :D

    ~New follower~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who seems to buy books in a series when I haven't actually read the first one. Hope you enjoy the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no you're not alone, and it wasn't the first time either ^^

      Delete