Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: Straight To Hell & Book Tour


So as I mentioned before, I've joined the "Straight To Hell - Straight To Heaven" book tour, which is my second Book Tour this month, so I hope I do it well! They're books by Michelle Scott and the tour is hosted at Dani @ Pen to Paper's blog.

The Straight to Heaven book can now officially be found on
Amazon - Barnes & Noble - Smashwords







 Now to the Review:

Book Title: Straight to Hell
Author: Michelle Scott
ASIN: B005M3MQ84

Goodreads synopsis:

The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and hell heats up just a little more.

In the afterlife everyone has their different theories as is obvious in different religions. Not to mention, I am Egyptian so the whole afterlife curiosity and beliefs are sort of flowing through my bloodlines. Everyone has a different interpretation or theory and I am always interested in hearing or reading about them, seeing how their imaginations flew about, what they created. So, that was the main reason I'd wanted to read this book. That and, did you see the cover? It totally caught my attention when I first saw it! I absolutely loved it! That and I love a smart use of words in a title, so I really enjoyed that as well!

Now, to the part I disliked - it's minor really, but has to be said - it's not that much so I will just get it over with. I was not so fond of the parts involving God. I am alright with people not believing in his existence, to each his own, but not to level him with 'Helen' in power or the ability to just go up and talk to him or something. I am glad it was brief and not much was associated with the encounter. Which helped me get back quickly to the mood of the book.

The main reason I am a huge fan of JQs and Meg Cabot's books is the easy flow of their writing, and how they mostly get you into the character's head, giving you a front seat into their minds and how things look from up there. I absolutely loved this part of Michelle's book too - even if I had to share it with a demon for the duration of the book. Lilith is my idea of a perfect wonder woman, I also found her completely hilarious. I love how she coped with her downfall from super rich to living from paycheck to paycheck. Not only that, but the hectic aspects of her household reminded me a lot of mine when the family is all around. The pets, the having all sorts of people staying with us at odd times and being ok about it. I admire how she copes with that instead breaking down and kicking everyone out, just like Tommy admires her himself.

The ending was so sad, but I could completely understand it, and the necessity behind her actions. I am all excited to read how it goes from here. What does happen next to Lilith Straight? Trust me, I cannot wait to read Straight to Heaven!

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment