Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays # 2

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


It's not the book I am currently reading, but a book I had just gotten back from a friend who had borrowed it like a year ago. Not that it took her a year to read it, but she'd wanted her fiancé to read it as well and he was always so busy that I finally gave up and told her to give it back. So it's the last physical book I'd held so far.

It's actually one of my favourite books and not from the usual genres I love to read, but I loved it anyway.


Noughts & Crosses - Malorie Blackman

"The governers and I have decided that it would serve everyone's best interests if you were suspended for a while."

So that was that. I was out.

"I'm guilty until my dad's proven innocent? Is that the way it works?"

4 comments:

  1. Now I want to read the book that makes this an excellent teaser. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I wonder what that's about. Guilty until proven innocent doesn't sound like a good place to be. Nice teaser.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this book before. Sounds interesting.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seems to be so many ppl's situation!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! i'm going to check out the titles you mentioned and Julia Quinn!

    Thanks :)
    Trish @ Tales from ...

    ReplyDelete