Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Waiting on" Wednesday # 4 & Wishlist Wednesday # 1




 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





 So this Wednesday I decided to be efficient and add both together because it's the same book! This is my first time with 'Wishlist Wednesday' but it sounds fun, doesn't it? Anyhow, this week's book is:

Title: Lies Beneath
Author:  Anne Greenwood Brown
Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1)ISBN: 0385742010
Release Date: June 12th 2012

Goodreads Synopsis:

Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistable good looks and charm on ususpecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.


Why I am waiting for said book?
Well, you read the Synopsis right? Need I say more? The book sounds absolutely fascinating, and I am personally like Lily, I have some sort of fear of the sea, mainly due to sharks though. So I have decided I want to go swimming with sharks at some point, you know where they put you in this underwater cage and lure sharks around? Yeah, I want to do that, because I hate being afraid of things and not facing that.
Anyhow, the book sounds plain awesome and I can't wait to read it!

13 comments:

  1. A nice pick! I am eager to read this one as well.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharks? Eeep! The homicidal mermaids sound safer. :) I hope you love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get my hands on Lies Beneath too!

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want Lies Beneath as well! Great pick!

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Like, seriously, you HAVE to read this. Just finished it and it was like, AMAZING. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, now you have all the more excited!

      Delete
  6. Oh I want to read Lies Beneath too! :) heehee I think a lot of people are scared of sharks, myself included, because of shark thriller movies and shark week, which I think is coming up soon :S
    great post, it's really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait there's shark week? I actually grew up with a pool in my building and the sea in front of it. So with a terror of sharks this does not help.

      Delete
  7. This is up very soon on my TBR! I hope to get to it very soon! It looks fabulous!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! It's already on my TBR list. :) Hope you'll get it!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this one on Netgalley. Still haven't got the time to read it, but certainly planning on doing it soon :D Nice pick!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete