Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading? # 1


“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly event hosted by Sheila at Bookjourney to share with others what you’ve read the past week and planning to read next.
As you guys might have noticed, Monday is one of those days I didn't have a meme for, and I thought this one was interesting so woohoo!

So, since I am in between exams, I don't have much time to read, so even if I do want to I'd feel guilty for reading when I am supposed to be studying instead. Now, let's start I guess:

Books I started reading:
I loved the covers and thought it would be interesting to start reading them, but I am only a few pages in though.



Moa (Moa, #1)
Moa - Tricia Stewart Shiu
I am actually a few chapters into this book, but although I am liking the story, I am not liking the way it's written, I just hope I can finish it soon, because I keep getting sidetracked because of the style.


Book I've actually finished reading:


Silver Knight 

Silver Knight - Caron Rider

I really didn't expect to like this one as much as I did, but I was glad I read it and can't wait for the next book to be out in this series, which will be called 'Silver Demon'. If you want to know more about it, I actually finished its review the right after I completed the book:  Silver Knight Review 

And that's it for this week. I am hoping by the time my exams are done I have more amazing books read!

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on final exams - for me it's research papers. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's nice to know, that I am not alone, almost everyone I know has finished theirs a while back!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Exams are definitely more important (so sayeth the teacher :-) And I love the cover for Charmed Life - really cute.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah I guess... I love it too! It reminds me of Susan Elizabeth Philips' Call Me Irresistible , it's a great book as well.

      Delete
  3. Yeah I adore the covers and I actually have Starring Me on my wiahlist already. Would like to know what you think about it at the end ;) But thanks for sharing <3
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic
    Check out mine It's Monday..What are you reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Charmed Life Series and I can't wait to read Starring Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then I think you'd like Starring me, I just finished it, it's not bad :)

      Delete
  5. Oh.. I hate when I get sidetracked by the style of a book.. Sorry for you - but somehow happy that I am not the only one to feel like that at times.. ;")

    Fingers crossed for you and your exams!!!

    All the best to you!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, I am glad I am not alone in it too! :)

      Delete