Saturday, June 9, 2012

Review: Silver Knight

Silver KnightTitle: Silver Knight
Author:
ISBN 13: 9781470051280

Goodreads Synopsis:

When seventeen-year-old Diana recognizes an elderly priest in a video on YouTube, she realizes that reincarnation is real and that she’s been alive before! Every night in her dreams, she relives her past learning that it’s kill or be killed. Now a bishop at the Vatican whom she saved in another life calls on her once more. She is needed to help defeat evil within the catacombs of Rome. But when she arrives in Rome, she meets Alexander – the man of her dreams! Through the centuries she has loved him…betrayed him...been killed by him. Will she give him another chance or this time will she strike first?

Review:

I should probably mention I have an exam in the morning, and only started this book as to read two chapters in my break. But, I couldn't stop. I really couldn't. I tried, I did all I can, but even when I closed the e-reader, all I could think of was what was going to happen, next. It didn't take me long before I realized it was much better to read it all, get it over with, then think of studying.

Let's start with what I always start with: The cover. I love it. I know I'm being rather repetitive here, but yes, it is the reason I wanted to read the book. It looked so pretty and all I could think of was, I want to read it! Again, I wasn't into the synopsis. I mean sure, it sounds interesting, but trust me the book is so much better than the synopsis gives it credit for.

The preface was a bit repetitive and well, you have to concentrate to appreciate it, but when the actual book started you ignore the previous confusion and get right on it. I am a huge fan of legends, myths, history, fairytales, anything with the peculiarity of what happened before, or lives that were so diverse to ours. There was a lot of historical references I enjoyed. The twists on history were rather enjoyable, but that is nothing in comparison to the actual storyline.

The idea of reincarnation doesn't hold much appeal to me, but in this story, I kind of liked it. I loved the idea, I loved the characters, the stories behind them, and couldn't stop reading, I needed to know what happened next. The writing was smooth, easy to follow, basically a quick read. I enjoyed the different point of views and how you got to see each and every background story from the point of view of the person explaining it. I am so intrigued by the Diana - Alex dynamics and can't wait for more of it!

All in all, I am so glad I got to read it, and cannot wait for the next book to come out! You guys should seriously give it a shot.

Rating: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so interesting! I'd love to read it once I find the extra time. Law school is taking over my life! LOL! Thanks for visiting my blog. Followed you back. (:

    http://jbperez4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I can totally understand. I am in between exams myself, but I can't seem to be able to STOP reading enough to study!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review and spotlight on your blog! If any of your readers think they might be interested, they can check out the 1st chapter at http://www.caronrider.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete