Saturday, June 30, 2012

Six Word Saturday #1 & Quote it Saturday #1

Two new Saturday Memes! I hate how Saturdays are always dull around here, so I decided to pick up some memes to help it go up. Not to mention, I've been MIA with the memes for the past 4 days due to internet problems so I am making up.


Six Word Saturday @Show My Face. Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

"The heat will probably kill me."




Quote it Saturday @ Freda's Voice. Add as many quotes as you wish, from whom ever you wish. It can even be lyrics to a song.
Just tell us who it is. Anonymous welcome too.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar, Shakespeare

25 comments:

  1. Hi Sphinx! (enigmatic name- rhyme's with minx, right?) My post's full of raindrops so you're obviously in a very different part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I definitely am then!
      Want to switch?

      Delete
  2. ooh no - I'm with you - we're in a mini heatwave over here! you can keep your rain! welcome to 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUWHAHAHA LOVE Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, so much better than the real one I bet! I wish we had some here and less thunder storms. I am so worried about fires!

    Here is mineQuote it Saturday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely. I had to study this play in high school and definitely enjoyed it!
      Storms??? This means it's not killer-hot?? I want to move where you're at!
      I nearly get a heat stroke every time I leave the house.

      Delete
  4. Wish we had that problem in the rainy north of England :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been hot here too... hopefully we get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not complain about the heat because I really dislike the cold... Welcome to SWS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely prefer the cold! I hate the heat

      Delete
  7. Well, I hope the heat doesn't kill you, but I feel your pain.
    Love the quote!! Well said.
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I really liked it yeah, it's one of my favorite in the book.

      Delete
  9. Six Word Saturday - only the best meme about. I had a peek at your pictures (love them) and then read the write up on your book. What a wonderfully talented young lady you are. Italian at uni - me too, only many years ago.
    Reading and writing - two of my favourite past times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the heat may kill me too...love the quote from Julies Caesar. I am happy to know about the Quote it Saturday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :D
      We should probably go to Argentina or something, I hear it's cold there :)

      Delete
  11. Heat here as well. Miserable. I hope you were able to keep cool. Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a lover of hot weather (unless in the Caribbean), sometimes I think the same thing! you can only take off so many clothes in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I am Muslim, I can't take off clothes, it sucks :(

      Delete