Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday # 6

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Alright guys, this week's TT is actually going to be a little different than usual. I don't know why but there's this book I can't get out of my head, and a particular scene actually keeps replaying itself so I thought I'd share this with you guys. I should however point out two things about this book:
1- It's not even written yet.
2- It's by me.

I am just wondering what you guys think of it, so here goes my teaser:


Alleyne could feel his heartbeats hammering against his chest. He obviously hadn't anticipated how the events would escalate when he'd come into the castle. First of all, his dad was brought out of prison as a trade, in order to guilt him into replacing his dad in the prison cell. Then, there was the fact that he was now standing on the edge of a cliff with his fifteen year old daughter surrounded by Cowick's armed soldiers. The last thing was, Corwick's men having discovered where the Norburn royalty were hiding, in addition to the fact that the Norburn princess - Crystal - was in actuality still alive.

Should he stay and save his father, yet not know what would happen to Crystal, his Crystal? Or whether the Corwicks will treat his daughter well or not?

Then, he froze as he thought through that last part. His Crystal! What had she taught him? What had he seen her do over and over again? Suddenly a broad smile crossed his face as he looked at his daughter.

"Kira, do you trust me?" he asked, his smile not faltering.

Kira still looked terrified as she gazed up in confusion at his smile, "yes".

"More importantly," he added, his smile broadened, "do you trust your dragon?"

The fog of terror, of everything she'd seen in this castle since she'd entered it, faded away as she started to comprehend where her dad was going. She relaxed and smiled back, remembering what she'd learned at the Norburn hideout, what Crystal had taught them, what she'd seen her brother Dryken do repeatedly.

"With my life," she said with a grin. 

"Good, let's jump."

With that, father and daughter - in front of a very shocked assortment of soldiers - jumped off the cliff.

4 comments:

  1. Great start! Keep on writing.
    My teaser this week is from The Lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing!!! Don't let anything stop you...

    My 1st TT is on my blog: http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/06/11/teaser-tuesday-earth-by-shauna-granger/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously want to read it<3

    ReplyDelete