Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday # 5 & Wishlist Wednesday # 3





 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.






Title: The Night Circus
Author: 
ISBN: 0385534639


The Night CircusGoodreads Synopsis:


The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead. 



I actually got out of my translation exam today and went to the mall with a friend to relax a bit, the past few weeks have been stressful. We wanted to watch a movie but when we realized all of them were 3D and we didn't have our glasses (I have around 6 at home and I so wasn't going to pay and get some more) we wondered around the mall and hit two of my favorite bookstores. Both held something I liked, one the full Luxe series, and another had 'The Night Circus'. I actually was really contemplating buying this book when I realized it was either the book or go home, so that made me sad. Hopefully I'd be more prepared next time and be able to buy it. If I ever go there again - it's like two hours away from where I live.








"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





As for the book I am waiting on this month, it's 'Silver Demon' by Caron Rider. You guys know I have been obsessed with 'Silver Knight' ever since I read it and for the life of me couldn't relax and wait patiently. I got in contact with the author who told me that the second book, 'Silver Demon' should be out sometime this summer but she's still not sure about the cover, so I am taking this opportunity to advertise book one again.



Silver Knight 


Silver Knight - Caron Rider


Share with me your WOW and WW?

8 comments:

  1. Silver Knight looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing! My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Night Circus is breathtaking and beautiful! I hope you get your hands on it soon!

    Here is our Wishlist Wednesday post,
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Night Circus, got the e-book version but actually have it on my wish list now to get a paper copy of it.
    Good luck with getting both your wished an waited for books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got The Night Circus for Christmas from my boyfriend, but haven't had time to read it yet. Going to have to soon - definitely before I go back to University in September.

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then if you start it before I read It, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to read the Night Circus, I love the cover so much!
    Thank you for visiting my WW! ^^

    ReplyDelete