Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Tour, Review: Tangi's Teardrops


Hello guys today I have two tour stops! This is the first one:


Title: Tangi's Teardrops
Author:  
ISBN: 1469989816

Goodreads Synopsis:

When Tangi's father dies, he leaves her nothing but three empty bottles. A kind uncle takes the poverty-stricken girl and her stepsisters in, and for a time life gets better on his farm. But Tangi remains a lonely outsider; her stepsisters tease her for her crippled leg, and the housekeepers use her like a servant.

Just before her thirteenth birthday, Tangi learns the truth about her father's strange legacy: the three bottles aren't empty any more. They're filled with all the tears she's cried since her father died, and her tears are enchanted. She must use them to travel to Rosevine, the world of her dead mother. Tangi not only belongs there but is necessary to keep Rosevine alive.

Tangi's tears will save Rosevine, and Rosevine will save Tangi from a cruelty-filled life, except for one thing: Tangi's lost the bottles.





Review:

Tangi's Teardrops is in a way another retelling of Cinderella, give or take a few more fairytales in between. I am a huge fan of fairytales and different twists on them, so I obviously enjoyed this book as well!

I liked the world of Rosevine, the development of the characters and the storyline, it was very new and original. I enjoyed reading it!

One point though is, I think this book is targeted at a younger audience, at least that's what it felt like. I didn't get into the story as much as I should have because of that factor. I felt like it was for children. Even though the story was so written, I got into the child's head that when she reached Rosevine and Tangi was all of a sudden grown, I couldn't fathom it. It didn't sit right for me and the story was a bit weird from there - even though it should have gotten better instead. That's not saying it didn't get better, just that it was hard to change my perspective now since she still acted and talked the same, and not at all as someone who has grown so much.

It did remind me a lot of 'Bridge to Terabithia' and 'The Princess and The Frog' more than Cinderella, and I had loved the movies so it wasn't at all bad.

I hope others enjoy reading it too! It was a fun read.

Rating: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aliaa. I love a book with a fairytale-ish take on it. But of course, yes, if the story turns out to be 'too magical' or the likes, then it is hard to adjust.

    I would check this one out. Thanks for the review.

    - Ara of My Book and My Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Aliaa for taking the time to read Tangi's Teardrops and for hosting me on your blog today. I really appreciate it. I wish you a lovely day.

    @My Book and My Coffee, Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy reading Tangi's Teardrops.

    ReplyDelete