Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature & Follow # 4



Hey guys Feature & Follow time! The awesome picture is from Reading into Hiding by the way, so it's not mine..
The Feature & Follow is hosted by two hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Click here to read the rules and join in the follows!



Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it, and why you picked it up in the first place.




Well, it would have to be 'Historical Romance (Regency)'.  I was a huge fan of classics for a while, but then I got into chick lit and teen books, so I stopped the classics completely, and whenever I'd come across a Historical Regency book, I'd avoid reading it, thinking I am not in the mood of getting into the style or writing now. However, one day I found a book for Julia Quinn that seemed really interesting and thought to give it a shot. So I did. And I absolutely loved it! Not to mention it was 7th in a series, so I obviously had to read the first 6 books. Then I got so hooked that I'd read anything for the author. Now I am waiting restlessly for her next book to come out! After that I thought to give the genre itself another shot and I wasn't disappointed. It's officially one of my favorite genres ever.

18 comments:

  1. Hello! Thank you for your lovely welcome to bookblogs! I'm following you now so if you'd like to follow me back my blogsite is http://eotezine.wordpress.com/ warmest regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am now following you back :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I'm a new GFC follower! Would love you to check out my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am now following you back :)

      Delete
  3. Great answer! I'm a new GFC and linky follower.

    If you'd like to know my answer to this week's questions, please come over to my FF #2 and find out.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am now following you back :)

      Delete
  4. I used to love classics too, but then I discovered YA. I haven't read many Historical Regency books, but I'm willing to give them a try :)
    Old follower
    Here's my FF: http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-4-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer, historical can pull you in sometimes!

    New Linky follower

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Historical romance isn't really my thing- but that doesnt mean I couldn't try it and end up loving it! :)
    New GFC and linky follower.
    Theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should try a JQ, maybe To catch an heiress, it's my favorite!

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting. I don't do much historical since they are normally very romance heavy. Sounds interesting though.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I've never read anything by Julia Quinn but I've heard great things. I really want to try her.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a huge fan of historical fiction, but to be honest, I can understand your feeling after settling into YA a bit more! And I'm super happy that it's become one of your favourite genres!! <3333

    Oooh ooh! and you're reading Cinder? It's an awesome book! I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it!

    New GFC follower! P.S. I love your Sphinx! >_< He/She? 's adorable!!!!

    Vivi's Feature&Follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! && YA is pretty awesome :)
      I am also following you back!

      Delete
  10. I have never read a historical romance before!! Great choice! New follower!!
    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete