Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Glitch

Title: Glitch
Author:  
ISBN13: 9781250009111


Goodreads Synopsis:

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.



Review:

I finally read 'Glitch'! I know it took me longer than I had anticipated - considering when I had received it - but July had been more hectic than I had anticipated. I am just glad I finally got around to it.  I received a free ebook copy of this book via NetGalley, and I must admit I was rather excited about it because it was one of the first books I requested and was approved!

Now, let's start with the basics, first things that come to mind when seeing a new book: Cover & Title. The cover was absolutely gorgeous, I loved the use of color and had been attracted to it even before I found a copy of this book on netgalley. I am after all a sucker for a great cover. The title was also very intriguing and mysterious, so I hopped onto the synopsis where I was officially hooked and nothing was going to stop me from reading this book. Except time it seems.

The book is about Zoel, a girl living in the Community where they're all programmed and follow rather mundane routines till they turn 18, from there they get a V-chip where they're in full control of the Community and lose all their humanity streaks. They then proceed to work and are genetically matched to where their DNA is combined forming children and families. The second they grow  useless they're 'deactivated'. Zoe's programming has glitches for reasons unknown to her, the glitches proceed to help her recognize things she didn't have a clue about beforehand. Like colors, emotions, expressions; things the Community had stripped from them and she works on trying to hide it. The problem with that was trying to control the glitches, how to not draw attention to herself and in order to not be deactivated.
Zoel starts having issues when the glitching starts to occur in public, and as she's saved from that particular incident, she realizes she's not the only one glitching, instead of making things easier, it only gets more difficult as more sides appear and she doesn't know which one is the right one, not to mention, who she could trust.

This book was amazing! It was like a mix between Talented and Cinder for some reason. Not entirely like them but minor similarities which was by no means a bad thing since I adored both books. I just hate waiting for the sequels (for all three of them). I can't wait to read Override.

A must read!

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. This book seems really interesting, thanks for the great review! Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy :)

    Found your blog through bookblogs, and I'd be happy to follow you now! Please visit me at http://aviddreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete