Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday # 8



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer


Goodreads Synopsis:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, the ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.



Now to the Teaser:

It chilled him not only because of what he'd seen, but of what he could imagine he hadn't seen. If he were right, then Levana had put her army out for show - as a threat. But he knew she wouldn't give her hand away so easily.

So what else was she hiding?

And did he dare risk finding out?

Mariage. War. Mariage. War.

5 comments:

  1. I won this book back in January.... of course because I want it so bad, it didn't show up. Then again I wonder if the blogger even sent it... wouldn't know, she doesn't reply to emails.
    Yup, you can see I want to read this one... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that' so sad. I hope you get it at some point, this book is a must read! And I am not even done yet. But I still haven't received a few books myself, so don't worry, it might just be mail and you would get it soon.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a good read.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be the only person on earth who hasn't read this book! I'll get around to it soon.
    My Teaser is from London Broil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry, neither have I. But I am doing so now and hope to be done with it soon, it's amazing!

      Delete