Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday # 9 & From The Review Pile # 8

I am doing something weird today, but only because it works out for both. I know 'From The Review Pile' is every Thursday, but it's the same book so I am posting it a few days early.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
 Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


The teaser:


"I gave up caring whether I appeared weak, I
reached out to find Donavon’s mind, but I couldn’t even catch the
faint buzz of his mental activity from such a great distance. I
tried harder, opening my mind and expanding it little-by-little. It
was a lost cause; I now knew definitively that my mental net did
not span thousands of miles. I guess that even I have my
limits."

Page(s): 114, Talented by Sophie Davis



 From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.



Title: Talented
Author:  


Goodreads Synopsis:

If you always knew what people were really thinking, would you consider it a gift or a curse?

Talia Lyons is Talented. Born after a nuclear spill, she is part of a new generation that possesses special abilities; Talia can read the minds of others and manipulate their thoughts. Whether Morphers, Light Manipulators or Telekinetics, the Talented are taught to control their abilities under the protective eye of the government- to use their Talents for good. But all Talia wants is revenge.

Talia joins the Hunters, an elite group of government operatives, hoping to one day kill Ian Crane - the man who ordered the execution of her parents. Ever since she witnessed their brutal deaths, Talia has spent her life honing her abilities, determined to settle the score. But she still has a lot to learn before she can ease the pain inside. Talia turns to a boy who can mimic her Talents, a boy who truly understands her inner turmoil. But even he can’t help Talia, when she’s forced to choose between saving herself and avenging the lives of her parents.

Talented is an action-packed adventure, about a group of teenagers who aren't afraid to embrace their fears and fight for what they believe in.  



Why I own a copy of said book?
Well, not a physical copy really, but still. I loved the idea. I honestly did. I read it, and there was a request for reviews and I jumped to the chance because the book sounded brilliant! I just hope I get a chance to read it soon. I've been very busy with training for work, and reading for book tours but I'll read this alongside my book tour books for this week hopefully.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very scary concept! I read another book about someone who could pick up on others thoughts called THE LISTENER by Terri Blackstock.

    Here's our teasers: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers-gone-missing-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really interesting. Great pick. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love books about special abilities discovered after some disaster! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete