Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #9 & Wishlist Wednesday # 9







"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





This week's W.O.W post is a book I have seen around a LOT of blogs! Not to mention all over my newsfeed on facebook and I can't for the life of me wait to get my own copy! It sounds like such an amazing read, so I thought to share with you guys:


Title: Crewel
Author:  
ISBN: 0374316414

Goodreads Synopsis:

Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.



Doesn't it sound Fantastic? I can't wait to get my hands on it!


 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.




Now, as to my Wishlist Wednesday, this is a book I've seen around a lot as well, and have been dying to read! Not to mention the author sounds hilarious. I've seen some of her videos and posts.


Title: Wither
Author: 
ISBN: 1442409053

Goodreads Synopsis:

By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children. When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?

Together with one of Linden's servants, Gabriel, Rhine attempts to escape just before her seventeenth birthday. But in a world that continues to spiral into anarchy, is there any hope for freedom?



Now, you guys want to share with me books on your Wishlist or ones you're Waiting On? Put a link up in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out!

PS: did I mention I thought both books have absolutely STUNNING covers? 

12 comments:

  1. I think you'll love Wither! I really love it, I hope you get it soon! I need Crewel soon, it sounds really good and I heard nothing but good things about it! Awesome picks! yes I love the covers ;)

    My WoW pick

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crewel sounds great, really looking forward to it. Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had Wither on my shelves for so long... and I read the first couple of chapters, to see what it was like, when it arrived (it looked awesome), and yet I still haven't read it. I have Fever, the sequel, as well :P
    Great pick this week!

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eying these books for a while now, they're both really pretty and the synopsis is interesting for both. Nice choices :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crewel's been on a lot WOW posts lately and it sounds interesting enough. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crewel sounds really amazing! I'll add it to my TBR list too! =D
    Wither is awesome read and I really love it. I hope you'll get these books soon and enjoy reading them =)

    Great picks this week! ;)
    My WW : http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2012/09/wishlist-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Wither sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read and it sounds pretty good! I agree that it has a lovely cover too! Very eye catching! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    Becca @ lost in thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/wishlist-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really interesting. I hope you enjoy them! I am waiting on Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick...need more of Patch *swoon*
    Andrea Heltsley Books
    http://andreaheltsley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of "Wither" is so pretty!

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/09/wishing-and-waiting-91912.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an ebook of Crewel that I was able to get off of NetGalley. I have yet to read it though. As for Wither, I loved that book. I have a review of it on my blog.

    Here's my Wishlist Wednesday

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. I avoided Wither because of the cover, but it's now on my to-read list. Let us know what you think!

    http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/09/wishlist-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete