Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday # 8 & "Waiting on" Wednesday # 8


 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.




So, my wishlist Wednesday for this week - yes, a meme I haven't participated in for quite some time! Would be: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld!
A friend of mine had told me about it a while back when we were in school, and when I'd gone to Italy I'd found it there. But I couldn't find it either in Egypt or in Kuwait and I am dying to read it!

Synopsis:

Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that? Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.






"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





Another meme I'd missed participating in! Now, the book of choice here is due to my obsession with the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands. I mostly try to avoid vampire related stuff, not because I hate it or anything, but I feel it's worn out, everyone's writing about them now and not all is good. But this series is definitely one of my favorites!

The book is called : Immortal Ever After
it doesn't really have a cover yet, I'll probably post an update on it here on my blog when it does! I'm very excited to know which of the Argeneau family it's going to be about. Though at first I was dying for it to be Stephanie's story, I'm not sure anymore after reading Lady is A Vamp. Because of it I am hoping its Olivia's or Bricker's!

Anyhow, more on the series here.

17 comments:

  1. I need to start on Uglies next year first thing (I have a long TBR pile left for this year) because I've heard a lot of good about the series. Hope we get to these books soon :D

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. "your only job is to have a really great time.." ~ definitely sounds too good to be true... I've never heard of Lyndsay Sands, but am checking out the books now ... *new follower*

    Here's my WoW

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is Dystopian dessert! You'd love it! :)
    My WoW - WoW
    Just followed you! Follow me back?
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Uglies is a series that I haven't read. My daughter and loved it though. I think I have only read the first book in the Argreneau series. I liked it.. Great picks..
    New NetworkedBlog follower

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4078

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I love scott westerfeld!
    Here is my wow http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read them yet but I've heard great things about the series. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uglies is on my tbr for this month. I hope I love it as much as everyone else seems to.

    Here's my Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. +JMJ+

    Uglies was recommended to me years ago, too. I'm not really into the Dystopian trend, but Uglies is on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on mines too, I enjoy Dystopian occasionally and can't wait to read this :)

      Delete
  9. I actually just bought Uglies! If you have an ereader it's only 3 dollars! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just give that a try! Though I have a huge TBR list without increasing it

      Delete
  10. I bought three of the Uglies series...to find out that I hadn't bought the first book..oopsie. Haha it looks like a really interesting and thought-provoking series though so will need to get the first book soon! Hope you get hold of a copy too :)

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/wishlist-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do that almost all the time! I almost never get the first book in a series , just two weeks ago I had bought the 15th book in a series! It took a while to get a hold of the rest!

      Delete
  11. I have the Uglies Series on my shelf and I need to read it Asap! :) There are some really good reviews for it on Goodreads! :)

    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uglies is a great choice! I read the trilogy (although there was also a 4th book, possibly about different characters?). All three were good, although I thought Uglies was the best. Such an interesting world! Come visit my Wishlist Wednesday at www.bookshelffantasies.wordpress.com!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read the first three of these and they're pretty good.

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete