Friday, October 19, 2012

Feature & Follow # 10



Hey guys so it's Feature & Follow time! The awesome picture is from Reading into Hiding by the way, so it's not mine..
The Feature & Follow is hosted by two hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Click here to read the rules and join in the follows!



Q:When you step out of your USUAL genre, what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

Well, to be honest for a seriously long while my favourite genre was Regency Historical Romance. Or technically Romance, however, lately I've been so into Young Adult books that it feels so strange coming back to Regency books. I am not usually the kind of person who stays in one genre, so my favourite genre is based on the one I usually go back to.

The best books I've read in YA lately?
- Cinder
- The Mortal Instruments
- The Host (though it's still debatable whether it's YA or just Adult)

That and a lot of other Indie books I've taken to reading lately.


How about you guys?

8 comments:

  1. I love the Mortal Instruments, too bad we have to wait so long for the last book!! I liked the Host too. Slow to start with, but gets quite intense, love it!!

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I am pretending City of Glass is the last book in the series until I get my hand on the last book!

      Delete
  2. I really liked Cinder & TMI series. I guess for me, stepping out of my usual genre would be contemporary books.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about what you said above! I love all of those genres!

    New follower (:

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I think of The Host as New Adult or Adult but it seems YA-ish because it's very clean. I really liked it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like historical romance and young adult too.
    New follow via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Great choice for stepping out of your favorite genre!

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good picks! Haven't read any of those but they are already on my to-read list!

    I'm a science fiction junkie myself! PNR is what I read out of my genre! :)

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete