Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Sucks - Says Lily Drake



Hey guys! I've actually been waiting for this blog hop for quite some time, it's been really cool receiving e-mails from Lily Drake in regards to ideas on what to post on this day. There were loads of cool ideas flowing, but I chose to answer this question for my post:


Q:What is your favourite Vampire Character?


This is really not as easy as I'd thought it would be. Because since the blog hop had been announced, I'd found a lot of amazing vampire reads as well as started watching True Blood - yes I have some of the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.



I should just point out up front that my favourite Vampire of all time is Damon Salvatore. And not just because he's played by super-hot actor Ian Somerhalder. I'd actually read some books in the Vampire Diaries series, so honestly, I do like Damon, and his name in particular. He's a badass vampire with an attitude. He was nice at some point, but with years of being a vampire his humanity has been taken away from him. Now, it's slowly creeping back and I just love the different sides of him.





But, I don't want to stop with this, I actually want to point out my favourite baby vamp. In many movies and series there are a lot of characters that have turned into vampires, and my favourite would be Jessica from True Blood. Which as I pointed out I haven't read the books of yet, so it's more of the character portrayed on T.V than in the book - if she is even in it. Surprisingly, I might actually like her more than I like Damon Salvatore - whoa I know, I didn't see that one coming either! But there's something about her development as a vampire that had me totally love her!






Though, I just have to add my second favourite badass vampires to the list. They'd have to be:



Eric Northman and Pam. I loved them together and the way they interacted with other people, I honestly did not expect to like either of them when I first saw them, so now, four seasons later, I love them! Though, that is obviously after Eric got the haircut, he looked awful with long hair.


Oh * I forgot* Here's some info on Lily Drake & then there's a giveaway for cool Lily Drake related stuff!

For Lily Drake, slaying vampires is easy...Dating them is the hard part.

Lily Drake is your everyday hard-working single mom…until a gorgeous vampire shows up on her front door who she mistakenly assumes is her blind date for the evening. As one crazy scenario after another unfolds, Lily finds herself falling in love with two vampires, slaying the evil ones, and being prophesied as the savior of the entire undead race. 
Deciding between pizza and Chinese take-out will no longer be one of the hard decisions facing Lily Drake once she is emerged into vampire society. Humanity or immortality? That doesn't hold a candle against this question - which of the two handsome vampire cousins?

The Life and Death of Lily Drake is not your typical vampire love story. It’s a tale about the humorous mistakes a woman makes simply trying to survive not only life, but the dating scene. How will Lily manage working full-time, taking care of her young son and fighting the undead at every turn?

Lily will have to figure it out, but who better to save the world than a mom?

Join the release party on Oct 5th at Inkspell Publishing website to find the Blog hop winners!
I am actually a part of the blog tour for this book on the 3rd of November here! :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Who are your favourite Vampires and why? Share with me in the comments. Now, you can hop onto one of the other blogs in this blog hop and see what vampire-related topic they have to share today!


 www.moosubi.blogspot.com/
www.booksandbeyond.net
www.supagurlbooks.blogspot.com
booknerd.ca
bookbreather4lyfe.blogspot.com
www.lettersinsideout.net
sarahelizabethsbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/
raelori.blogspot.com
iheartreading.net
www.christysbookaddiction.blogspot.com
bookshelf.shotgunopera.net
www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/
mommacatandherbabies.blogspot.com
www.midtown-underground.com
www.nightlyreading.wordpress.com
www.crossroadreviews.com
www.bookmice.org
pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/
vanessaleighbooks.blogspot.com
www.everythingatoc.blogspot.com
readingcave.blogspot.com/
andisbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/for-love-of-vampire.html
janieraeldridge.blogspot.com
www.readergirlsblog.com
book-spark.blogspot.com/
the-itzel-library.blogspot.com/
bookmaven623.wordpress.com
thelifeofanasiandreamer.wordpress.com/
booksbycenteno.com
megantalksbooks.blogspot.com
fullmoonbites.blogspot.com/
lisavoisin.wordpress.com
www.alwaysyaatheart.blogspot.com
in-interest.blogspot.com
www.bookliaison.com
teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/
www.jbridgerwriting.blogspot.com/
www.stephaniekeyes.com
www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com
www.readersconfession.com
www.melissakeir.com/blog.html
cecereadandwrite.blogspot.com
paranormalopinion.blogspot.com
highlyreadioactive.blogspot.in
www.snowdropdreams.ca
sweetandsassyreviewz.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-hop.html#comment-form
booksdownmypillow.blogspot.com
www.snifferwalk.org
pinkfluffyhearts.blogspot.com/
Erika Knudsen   

6 comments:

  1. hmmm favorite vampire, huh? That's a difficult decision... I'd have to go with Eric Northman.. He has a heart, but he's ruthless the way vampires should be.. yeah, definitely an Eric fan over here :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. My favorite would have to be the Twilight series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A+ for the True Blood vamps. Jessica is fantastic, she started out annoying but quickly became one of my favorite characters! And Pam, I had her on my list too :) She's so flawless, and her snarky comments make the show worth watching! (aside from shirtless Eric, whew! *fans self*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam is so overlooked! I'm so glad you included her!
    Thanks for participating, you had some great choices!

    *hugs* and happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Eric Northman and Pam from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Before, I was a Twilight fan but now, I'm more of a Sookie Stackhouse fan. I have all the books, including the latest one! I haven't watched the TV series yet but I will when I get the time. Thanks for this post. I love talking about topics like this.

    I've written a book review for the first Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Until Dark. Feel free to check it out: http://bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/dead-until-dark-by-charlaine-harris/

    Take care & keep posting wonderful topics like this.

    Best,
    Jhobell Kristyl
    http://bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there again.
    I'm just stopping by to thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it. Take care Aliaa!

    Best,
    Jhobell Kristyl
    http://bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete