Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Allegiance: Tour Stop, Review

Title: Allegiance
Author: K.A Tucker
ISBN13: 9780986915598

Buy Now: Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Goodreads Synopsis:

Evangeline finally got what she longed for – the cursed pendant off her neck and Caden in her arms - only it has come at a steep price. An unknown poison now courses through her body, slowly morphing her into something no one but the Fates can foresee. She has her suspicions though...and, if she is right, it will spell certain ruin for her and Caden. She won’t last long enough to realize that though, if Viggo and Mortimer uncover the treasonous secrets she keeps from them– that Veronique is now free of her entombment and in the torturous clutches of the Witches and the Sentinel or that she is protecting a Sentinel within their very midst. 
Always the naive human caught in the midst of the vampires’ web of deceit, Evangeline is now weaving her own dangerous web in order to keep her friend alive, rescue Veronique, and stop a seemingly inevitable war from starting. But can her honourable nature handle the depths of duplicity for which she must go to be in league with the Vampires? 
Dark and gripping, full of angst-riddled scenes, Allegiance will have readers anxiously turning pages to find out if Evangeline can survive this spiralling disaster.


Review:

I hate that I didn't have time to read books one and two before writing this review because I've had a lot on my plate the past few months. Not sure if you know this, but they have been INSANE! So yeah, I had to rush up with only book three and hoped for the best.

The first thing I noticed about this book was the stunning cover! Even the author's website is just as stunning, but really, don't you notice it too? I was drawn by it and the very intriguing synopsis. It made the book sound so vague and interesting I could barely wait to get into it and understand what's going on. There seemed to be a lot of factors and I wasn't sure how they all came together, so the creativity in all of this had me hooked.

As I started reading this book, I got to two conclusions. The first one, this book was so amazing. The second one, I have to read books one and two. I honestly hate that I didn't read them, and so most of the things didn't make sense to me, I had to go back to some reviews from the first two books to try and get what's going on, but yes, this book is fantastic.

From the prologue I expected something great to be honest, Kathleen's writing is very gripping and the book itself held a lot of mystery, creative twists and a lot of well developed characters. I am really hating myself right now for not reading books one and two beforehand, though I am working on doing so ASAP. I enjoyed how Kathleen switched between points of view with both Evangeline and Sofie, because as I mention most of the time, I love seeing everything from different points of view and perspectives. So yes, a very enjoyable read you should definitely check it out! (Just read the first two books too ok?)

Rating: 4/5




Author's Bio:

Born in small-town Ontario, Kathleen published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons. 

She is a voracious reader and the farthest thing from a genre-snob, loving everything from High Fantasy to Chick Lit. 

Kathleen currently resides in a quaint small town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and an exhausting brood of four-legged creatures. 


Author's Links:

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you managed to finish it w/o reading the first two books. I'd be out it and thinking: "Wait, who's this?"

    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks very different. Although I have not read many books about vampires, I still find the idea a little old, compared to the new YA subjects nowadays. But, a good paranormal is nice to dig into once in a while.
    I will definitely add this series to my TBR, and read book 1 and two :P
    LOVED your review, Aliaa
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete