Thursday, November 29, 2012

Flash of Death: Review

Title: Flash of Death
Author: Cindy Dees
ISBN: 0373277962
Publication Date: September 18th 2012
Publishing House: Harlequin
Buy Now: Amazon - Barnes & Noble
Book Source: NetGalley

Goodreads Synopsis:

Trent Hollings has been secretly engineered to be the fastest man on earth. But when undercover forensics accountant Chloe Jordan walks into his life, with all her sexy reserve, time stands still for him. Not even the threat of retaliation from a powerful drug cartel can stop Trent from using his superhuman skills to keep her safe.Chloe takes one look at Trent and sees everything she's ever craved and avoided when it comes to men: adventure…and lies. Still, she knows that it's only a matter of time before she surrenders to this smoking-hot man. But when the enemy finds them, Chloe is confronted with a truth that could destroy her love for Trent forever….

Review:

The other day I wasn't feeling in the mood of something really complicated or dystopian, so I opted for a good ol' murder mystery. I had read the synopsis of this book recently and decided I'm really into the premise, and before I knew it, it was my choice for the day.

I had requested this book because I loved the sound of the synopsis as well as the cover. I didn't know it was probably not the first in this series. I didn't care though as I started reading, since it still worked as a standalone book.

I found myself finishing this book in no time. It was a quick read and I loved Cindy's writing. I mean sure, I hadn't expected the fantasy parts in the middle, but they weren't too much that I hated the story, just good enough to keep me interested. I guess that part would have been more expected had I read  book one, but all in all I enjoyed it and the characters. I liked seeing different sides of both of them and how things escalated between them.

Great read! I'm looking forward to reading more books by Cindy in the future.

Rating: 4/5


Author's Bio:

Cindy Dees started flying airplanes while sitting in her dad’s lap at the age of three and got a pilot’s license before she got a driver’s license. At age fifteen, she dropped out of high school and left the horse farm in Michigan where she grew up to attend the University of Michigan.

After earning a degree in Russian and East European studies, she joined the U.S. Air Force and became the youngest female pilot in the history of the Air Force. She flew supersonic jets, VIP airlift and the “C-5” Galaxy, the world’s largest airplane. She also worked part-time gathering intelligence. During her military career, she traveled to forty countries on five continents, was detained by the KGB and East German secret police, she got shot at, flew in the first Gulf War, met her husband and amassed a lifetime’s worth of war stories.

Her hobbies include professional Middle Eastern dancing, Japanese gardening and medieval reenacting. She started writing on a one-dollar bet with her mother and was thrilled to win that bet with the publication of her first book in 2001. 

Author's Links:

3 comments:

  1. Great review!! I haven't be in a dystopian mood lately either, maybe a need to branch out and will something else.Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review - I haven't seen this book around that much but it sounds like it's pretty good - I will have to check it out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this book looks great I love some good ol' mystery, too :P
    I love the idea of the fastest man on earth, and the cover is down right gorgeous.
    I am so going to add this to my TBR.
    GREAT review, Aliaa!
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete