Monday, November 5, 2012

Loving Summer: Tour Stop, Review

Title: Loving Summer
Author: Kailin Gow
ISBN:1597480444

Buy Now: Amazon

Goodreads Synopsis:

Summer has always looked forward to spending her summers at her Aunt's beach house with the Donovans. To her, summers at Aunt Sookie's beach house was magical, especially getting to spend time with the Donovans - her best friend Rachel and Rachel's brothers Nathaniel, and Drew. Here at Aunt Sookie's beach house, they can be anyone and anything they dreamed. For Summer, she had always wished to become as pretty as Rachel and for her brothers to think of her as more than Rachel's friend. For Nat and Drew, summers at Aunt Sookie's beach house meant fun and escape, a place where they go to with their mom and sister for the summer, away from city life. They never thought this summer would be different. They never thought things would change as much as they did...and it all began with them falling for and loving Summer.

Review:

I don't think there's just one thing that attracted me to this book, I think all three (Title, Cover & Synopsis) held equal points as to why I fell in love with the book and had to read it. Seriously, do you see the cover? I was entranced, and the title was well chosen not to mention the synopsis sounded really good. So yes, I definitely had to read it.

I love summer-y books. I mean, where I live summer is awful unless you go to the seaside, so yeah this was basically the best part of the summer, beaches and cute romance. It's also great getting to see people from your childhood, going down memory lane with them, yet, at the same time you're not the same people so you're struggling to get to know the new them as well as make them discover the new you.

I seriously didn't like Drew's character though. He didn't sound plausible or convincing enough for me, also Rachel was a bit contradictory. But I did enjoy the siblings badgering and annoying one another, that was really fun. I wasn't sure about the whole love triangle thing going on, well more of a love square or something, because I really hate those in general not to mention two of them were siblings, but it went well I think and I managed to enjoy it.

This is actually my first book for Kailin Gow, though I've seen some  of her books around - they all sound equally as good in my opinion. I enjoyed her writing quite a bit and the story was so light, and quick that I managed to find myself finishing it in no time.  I also- as per usual- enjoyed the change of points of view throughout the book to get to know everyone's side of things.

Raintg: 3.5/5


Author Bio:

Kailin Gow uses her author platform to bring awareness to issues affecting young adult and women. She has appeared on national radio as a regular guest on topics such as body image, self-esteem, dating and sexual relationships, bullying, and more; often brought up in her fiction books for young adults and women. She has won multiple awards from the International Book Awards and the Green Book Festival. Selling over half a million books, Kailin Gow has been a bestselling author of over 100 distinct books which includes the Desire Series, PULSE, Wicked Woods, and the Frost Series. She has been professionally published since 2001. She was one of the first authors for young readers to write books for girls with supernatural elements. Her first book series about extraordinary girls guided by an angel in 2001, was a success, selling thousands of print copies in days, and inspiring girl book clubs around the U.S. In 2003, she came out with more series, including The Fairy Rose Chronicles, about fairies in Feyland. Her books have been recommended by PBS Kids, US Mental Health Association, the PTA, and homeschooling associations in the United States. 


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment