Saturday, November 3, 2012

Swift: Tour Stop, Review

BB Book Tours



Title: Swift
Author: Heather London
ISBN13: 9780615683706

Buy Now:  Barnes & Noble

Goodreads Synopsis:

Meredith Martin is being hunted by evil, for something she is destined to become, but knows nothing about. 

After graduating from high school, Meredith is ready to leave the place that has been a constant reminder of what happened to her as a child. She was just eight years old when her family died in a mysterious car accident, taking the secret of her destiny with them. It’s not until a new family moves to town that she realizes leaving may not be as easy as she once thought. 

Meredith feels an instant connection towards the Harpers, especially the good-looking, mysterious Blake and his overly friendly sister, Abby. After a series of bizarre events that happen too often to be coincidence, Meredith begins to realize that she is at the center of something larger than herself—possibly the same thing that killed her parents and twin sister many years ago. Nightmarish visions and resurfacing memories push Meredith closer to Blake, leading her to discover her destiny and other buried secrets. 

As Meredith tries to understand her new world, she will be put to the ultimate test, and her strength and courage will be challenged more than she ever imagined.


Review:

The cover of this book is completely stunning. I swear I just stared at it for a while before thinking of opening it to read. That, alongside the synopsis and title sold it for me. But mostly the cover, totally satisfying my cover lust here people.


The book starts off with Meredith, as she is heading off to the cemetery to visit her family's graves. She is then surprised to see someone crying near some graves too old to have anyone still alive to be upset over their death. The girl panics when she sees her and runs. Then Meredith is faced with weird events that happen to include said girl, as well as constant nightmares of her and her family before their death. What was going on in her life? She then comes to the realization that she knew almost nothing about her life, and that she needs to learn how to keep herself safe from all the power that starts to surround her.

The portrayal of the environment at the start of the book was my favourite. It really showed a conflicted child, with the pain of losing her family and in want of an answer as to why she remained alive and they didn't. Then the weird connection she has with people she's only just met, as well as the many weird feelings she seemed to be having.

I absolutely loved the author's detailed writing. I mean, there is such a thing as too detailed that you get so bored and can barely finish reading a book. It has happened to me on occasion. But this was not the case with this book. Maybe because I could relate to the main character, thus, all the details she shared basically made me get to know more about her and be a part of her journey that she's describing. Then magic was thrust in the mix and I was so giddy I kept reading onwards.

I can safely say that I loved this book. Sure there were one or two times where the protagonist was annoying, but in the long run it was nothing to concern myself with. She was still a great character and I found her very plausible. I also related to her - which is always a good thing when the story is told in first person. So yes, I enjoyed that immensely, and really liked Blake's character. He was very sweet and caring. I also cannot wait to read more in this series!


Rating: 4.5/5


Author Bio:

Heather London is a young adult author who loves to write stories full of fantasy, romance, and science fiction. She is a lover of only the finest of coffee and premium craft beer, but will settle for anything chocolate, regardless of its quality. Heather lives with her husband in Dallas, TX where she is currently working hard on her next project.



Author Links:

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE the cover of this book. I love the hues and the blending of the colors. LOVE the synopsis, too. It is very intriguing.
    I thought that this book would be the typical paranormal story.You know. With the damsel in distress, and the knight in shining armor, coming to rescue her. I hate girl like that. So, I hope Meredith is different.
    Definitely added to my TBR
    GREAT review, Aliaa!
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete