Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Eternity Cure: Review

Title: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
ISBN: 0373210698
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publishing Date: 30th April 2013

Buy Now: Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Goodreads Synopsis:

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


Review:

Hey guys! You cannot imagine how hard it's been to wait to write this review. I finished it mere hours after having completed "The Immortal Rules". But I decided to wait until the same month of the book release.

This book start from where it finished off in "The Immortal Rules", Allison is doing all she can to find her sire Kanin and save him from Sarren. Due to the bonds she has with him she follows the trail in search, only it leads her to another vampire entirely. Her blood brother Jackal. He also happens to want to find Kanin, only Allison is suspicious towards his motives. They both lead an uneasy road back to the Fringe, Allie's home, in search of Sarren. Only, once they reach there, they find the entire population in the city suffering from the disease. Their plans are interrupted and changed numerous times to accommodate the unexpected people they meet on their way as well as the endless possibilities of betrayals and inability to trust.

 This book was equally as amazing as The Immortal Rules. I loved the story development and the struggles of trust with almost all of the characters. In some very very strange way, I sympathized with Jackal. I know, I know, you can think me weird, and frankly I still hate him. But having to travel around with a bunch of people, all of whom want to see you dead, cannot be comfortable. Especially having no friends, only enemies, and the fact that no matter how many times he saves their lives they still hate him. It was just sad. Though I don't blame them for continuously hating him. But he did give the adventures a peculiar brand of humor. His sarcasm was so great and came at the most inopportune times.

I was so frustrated with Stick in this book, I honestly didn't see him turning into...that. I mean, it was obvious how much Allie cared about him from book one, and the only reasons she'd go hard on him would be because she wanted him to be able to survive on his own if something happened to her. To treat her the way he did in this book? I honestly wanted to kill him myself.

Although the grand prize to the most wanted dead in this book would clearly go to Sarren. I'm not going to tell you why obviously, that's part of the brilliance of this book, you need to read it to find out. Then please come back and join the team to try and kill him, all right?

I was so glad to find Zeke popping up unexpectedly in this book, I just wanted to get inside the book, hug him, and tell him he's the most perfect angelic being on... this distorted brand of Earth. He was just as perfect in this book, and I could almost fall in love with him just as much as I'm pretty sure Allie was. Vampire or not, this boy is irresistible Allie, understood? I seriously am not sure how I would have survived this book without him being in it, so thanks Julie for making him exist.

The Eternity Cure is just as brilliantly written and equally as exciting as The Immortal Rules... if not more actually! More action, more chases, more suspicions and more surprises. Trust, I learned in this book, is a very complicated thing, and love, is a very scary notion.

When I first started reading this series, I honestly thought it was two books. Yes, I did,I have no idea why though. So, when I was finally done with this book, I was on the verge of a panic attack, because this was no way to end the book, let alone a series. It left on an awful cliffhanger and I was not happy because I was seriously loving both books so far!

This was my reaction:

To which she responded mere moments later:

 I was obviously relieved after that, and tried to not be impatient over the third book. After all, it's better to have a third book that won't be out anytime soon rather than have no third book at all and left with an awful cliffhanger right?

Anyhow, that's enough of me babbling about this incredible book, you guys should all pick up your own copy as soon as you can. Seriously.

Rating: 5/5!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh. This sounds like a fantastic book to read. And the twitter conversation with the author is impressive. Kudos to you. :)

    Best,
    Jhobell Kristyl
    http://bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I haven't read this one yet, but I hope to soon; I loved the first one. I love all Julie Kagawa's books. <3
    -Cali W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read this! I must say, I haven't read anything from this author, and I must change that fact, ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it's book 3 already, i need to order book 1 and 2 then, i have been so late arghh

    ReplyDelete
  5. JULIAA KAGAWAAAAAA! *shires with joy* i haven't read this yet - i know - i'm crazy but i definitely plan to! great review. :)

    ReplyDelete