Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday # 12 & Waiting On Wednesday # 11

Okay wow, so it's been months since  I last did one of these, but hopefully I'll be more regular in my posts from now on.


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.



So, for my Wishlist Wednesday this week, my choice would have to be Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. If you guys have seen my video review of the book here, you'd know how desperate I am to read the sequel and find out what happens next! This series is very hooking and I constantly find myself wondering about what's going to happen next, even though I was done reading it over a week ago!


Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins


Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



As for my Waiting on Wednesday choice this week, it would have to be Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I've heard good things about it from people who read the Arcs, and I can't personally wait to read it myself!



Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.


11 comments:

  1. Wow both of these are on my wishlist. I loved Wendy Higgin's first book so the sequel is something I want to make time for soon, and Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea... That title, that cover, that bad boy featuring synopsis - I covet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I hear you! Those books have me super excited and very jumpy. I can't wait to get my hands on them ASAP!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to read Sweet evil which I have been meaning to for the longest time! Great pick :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are great picks, but Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sounds fabulous.
    My Wednesday Post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for the Devil, too. It looks and sounds so awesome. And that cover is fab. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks. Both are on my TBR pile but I have no idea when I will be able to get to them.
    Hope you get them soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devil sounds like a super-cool read. Love the cover! I have a spooky WoW today, too: http://www.swardkehoe.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-two-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this series too! It sounds great :D hope you get your hands on it soon!

    My Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these but they sound pretty good :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books sound awesome. Thanks for the recs.

    ReplyDelete