Friday, July 5, 2013

Feature & Follow #11





The Feature & Follow is hosted by two hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Click here to read the rules and join in the follows!Hey guys so it's Feature & Follow time! 






Q:Today's the US Independence Day. Share your favourite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.



Wow, this is just a hard choice really. I had so many books lined out, but I had to give the precedence to "Goodnight Mr. Tom" by Michelle Magorian. This book was so amazing, and moving, it had me on an emotional roller-coaster. I've reread it so many times after that, but it never fails to make me cry. I love it!

Goodnight Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian

Synopsis:

The gruff and surly Mr Thomas Oakley is less than pleased when he is landed with a scrawny little city boy as a guest, but because it is compulsory that each villager takes in an evacuee he reluctantly agrees. It soon becomes obvious to Mister Tom that young Willie Beech is hiding something, and as the pair begin to form an unlikely bond and Willie grows in stature and in confidence he begins to forget the past. But when he has to return to war-torn London to face his mother again he retreats into his shy and awkward ways once more.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting choice! I've never heard of this one. My choice was Game of Thrones.

    I'm a new Bloglovin follower

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was almost Game of Thrones!But I'm still reading it.

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. I am following you from the hop. I would love return followers on bloglovin please

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is new to me, but now I know that I definitely have to read it!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love emotional roller coaster rides! I've never heard of this one either, though the synopsis sounds so touching and cute and heart breaking at the same time. So great pick! And you have an actual sphinx on your header. Amazing HAHA. Have you seen the real one? And the pyramids? And the Nile? If so, then I officially envy you :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with this one, but it sounds interesting.

    New follower via GFC.

    Here’s my FF

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first that I've heard of this one! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :) I am a GFC follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following you on Bloglovin'
    Come check me out at timewantsaskeleton.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gonna have to check this one out!

    New follower!

    Here's my FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this one. It sounds intriguing. I'll have to check it out. Have a great week! New bloglovin follower :)

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete