Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday # 13 & Waiting on Wednesday # 12



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.




It's been forever since I joined on this, so voilà! I've heard a lot about The Ward and have been dying to read it. I can't wait to get my hands on it.


The Ward - Jordana Frankel


Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.








"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





This is Katie's upcoming book, and I'm not sure if you guys know, but I absolutely love her writing. I can't wait to read it!


Crash into You - Katie McGarry


From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.



10 comments:

  1. Love the cover for The Ward! I might be adding this to my own wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's an awesome cover right there! (The Ward)

    I really should start Pushing The Limits soon. Everybody's going crazy over Crash Into You :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! The Ward sounds really good so definitely adding it to my wishlist :) I read Pushing the Limits a few weeks back and I really enjoyed it. I definitely need to check out the rest of Katy McGarry's books! Great choices :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-41_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. I just got The Ward recently and look forward to starting it.
    Hope you get these soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ward is really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny, I saw it yesterday at the bookstore and it reminded me that I need to finish writing my review, haha! :) I've got both the other books in the Pushing the Limits series, I need to get to them - and soon! Great picks!

    Here's my WOW

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard a lot about both books. I haven't read either. I have Pushing the Limits on my Kindle but, haven't go to it yet. I hope you get them soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-64.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got to read Pushing the Limits soon!

      Delete
  7. Amazing picks, I'll be sure to add it to my TBR list. ;D

    I'm dying to get my hands on Crash Into You<3

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crash into you sounds incredible. I've been waiting for months for it!

      Delete