Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
This was very difficult for me because I had a challenge with myself to read more books by new authors this year, so yes, there were a lot. Here are my top ten though:
1) Veronica Roth - yes, I know Divergent is one of my absolute favourite books of all time, but yeah yeah it was a recent occurrence. Although, it feels like much much longer than a year, let me tell you.
2) Alexandra Bracken - hands down one of the best authors in my opinion. Her Darkest Minds series is absolutely incredible, I can't believe it took me this long to get around to it.
3) John Green - I know, I know, unbelievable and everything, but hey, it wasn't easy getting a book by him, so when I did, I completely fell in love.
4) Stephen Chbosky - Yeah, another shocker to you guys, but I was very picky about buying a copy of his book with a movie tie - in and not the one in my mind. I failed miserably and gave in eventually.
5) Libba Bray - I wasn't a big fan of The Gemma Doyle trilogy (which I also read this year), but The Diviners was pretty great.
6) Isaac Marion - I wanted to read Warm Bodies before the movie came out, which was great really. But yeah, the book was so good, especially for me as a writer.
7) Suzanne Collins - *Runs and hides* Yup, I only read the Hunger Games this year. Don't shoot me?
8) Laini Taylor - While I didn't fall madly in love with the book Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I did love her writing.
9) Kody Keplinger - Her contemporary novels you guys are one of the best things ever.
10)Victoria Schwab - Have you guys read The Archived yet? Because you really should.
Can I add two more I can't exclude?
* Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and Bone was oh so good!
* Wendy Higgins - if you guys haven't read the Sweet Evil series yet, you seriously have to!