Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

This was very difficult for me because I had a challenge with myself to read more books by new authors this year, so yes, there were a lot. Here are my top ten though:

1) Veronica Roth - yes, I know Divergent is one of my absolute favourite books of all time, but yeah yeah it was a recent occurrence. Although, it feels like much much longer than a year, let me tell you.

2) Alexandra Bracken - hands down one of the best authors in my opinion. Her Darkest Minds series is absolutely incredible, I can't believe it took me this long to get around to it.

3) John Green - I know, I know, unbelievable and everything, but hey, it wasn't easy getting a book by him, so when I did, I completely fell in love.

4) Stephen Chbosky - Yeah, another shocker to you guys, but I was very picky about buying a copy of his book with a movie tie - in and not the one in my mind. I failed miserably and gave in eventually.

5) Libba Bray - I wasn't a big fan of The Gemma Doyle trilogy (which I also read this year), but The Diviners was pretty great.

6) Isaac Marion - I wanted to read Warm Bodies before the movie came out, which was great really. But yeah, the book was so good, especially for me as a writer.

7) Suzanne Collins - *Runs and hides* Yup, I only read the Hunger Games this year. Don't shoot me?

8) Laini Taylor - While I didn't fall madly in love with the book Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I did love her writing.

9) Kody Keplinger - Her contemporary novels you guys are one of the best things ever.

10)Victoria Schwab - Have you guys read The Archived yet? Because you really should.

Can I add two more I can't exclude?

* Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and Bone was oh so good!
* Wendy Higgins - if you guys haven't read the Sweet Evil series yet, you seriously have to!

6 comments:

  1. Brave to admit to just reading Hunger Games this year! Good for you!

    Here's my Top Ten New-to-Me Authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really great authors here! Suzanne Collins, Laini Taylor, John Green, Veronica Roth :). Awesome list!


    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Alexandra Bracken from her debut, and am so glad her new series made her popular! Love Veronica Roth and John Green and Suzanne Collins and Victoria Schwab and Leigh Bardugo! Stephen Chbosky was hard for me, but only because I struggled with epistolary novels. I also struggled with ATTACHMENTS by Rainbow Rowell, but am enjoying her two YA novels this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all pretty awesome yes. Stephen Chbosky, normally I'd hate the book, but it actually spoke to me on a deep level, which is why I loved it. And for Rainbow Rowell to be honest I only read Fangirl myself.

      Delete
  4. Ha such a great list, and it's full of authors I still am dying to read but haven't yet! I especially want to read Alexandra Bracken, Victoria Schwab and Laini Taylor's books, they all look incredible. I LOVED The Perks of Being a Wallflower, such an amazing book. I also love Roth and Collins, I am a huge dystopian fan and they are two of my favourite series. Great picks! New Bloglovin follower :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you really need to start reading those books because, boy are they uber great.!

      Delete