Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday # 14 & Waiting On Wednesday # 13




Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.


Wow, this has been gone for a while huh? Don't worry guys, I'm back! And now onto what I seriously need in my hands like right now!


The Distance Between Us - Kasie West.

I am really interested in reading this book and honestly want to have it in my hands this instant! I haven't read a book by Kasie, but this one sounds pretty great, don't you think?

Goodreads Synopsis:


Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.






The Rule of Three - Eric Walters

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a freaky apocalyptic vibe with this book, and I'm kind of interested in knowing where they go with it. Especially since it reminds me of  The 5th Wave and I did like that book!

Goodreads Synopsis:


One shocking afternoon, computers around the globe shut down in a viral catastrophe. At sixteen-year-old Adam Daley’s high school, the problem first seems to be a typical electrical outage, until students discover that cell phones are down, municipal utilities are failing, and a few computer-free cars like Adam’s are the only vehicles that function. Driving home, Adam encounters a storm tide of anger and fear as the region becomes paralyzed. Soon—as resources dwindle, crises mount, and chaos descends—he will see his suburban neighborhood band together for protection. And Adam will understand that having a police captain for a mother and a retired government spy living next door are not just the facts of his life but the keys to his survival, in The Rule of Three by Eric Walters.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Kassie West yet but have heard great things about them. I have The Rule Of Three on my list myself and can't wait to read it. Great picks. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/12/wishlist-wednesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to read The Distance Between Us even though its not my usual genre selection. I hope you get it soon!

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books look really good! I hope you get them soon!
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/wishlist-wednesday-78.html#comment-form
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice genre spread there. I think I've seen them both featured on the book blogs I frequent, and they do sound good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am actually working on reading books from all genres because I hate being stuck in just one, so this is great for me :)

      Delete