Friday, January 17, 2014

Book Spotlight #1

Hey guys! I woke up today with the bizarre inclination to spotlight some random books coming out so people would know what to watch out for this year. Now, I know I occasionally do Waiting on Wednesday as well as Wishlist Wednesday, but these won't necessarily be books I'm dying to read, just ones that caught my attention that maybe someone else would love to read. I will probably be posting these randomly, not every week or anything. Now let's get started!

Did you guys hear of Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel? It's a new release this year in May 13 2014. What's interesting about it I found, is that it's a contemporary retelling of Peter Pan. Yes, contemporary retelling, I know. I'm a bit on the fence about it though because I am not sure how one can successfully turn this beautiful book full of fantasy, paranormal, and supernatural elements into a contemporary, but yes, it definitely caught my attention.


Pages: 256 (Hardcover)
Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
ISBN :0374382670 

A twisty story about love, loss, and lies, this contemporary oceanside adventure is tinged with a touch of dark magic as it follows seventeen-year-old Wendy Darling on a search for her missing surfer brothers. Wendy’s journey leads her to a mysterious hidden cove inhabited by a tribe of young renegade surfers, most of them runaways like her brothers. Wendy is instantly drawn to the cove’s charismatic leader, Pete, but her search also points her toward Pete's nemesis, the drug-dealing Jas. Enigmatic, dangerous, and handsome, Jas pulls Wendy in even as she's falling hard for Pete. A radical reinvention of a classic, Second Star is an irresistible summer romance about two young men who have yet to grow up--and the troubled beauty trapped between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment