Saturday, January 4, 2014

I Spy a Protagonist # 2

Hello guys! I started this weekly sort of meme a really long while ago, but for some reason I stopped completely. A fellow blogger asked me if I'd be doing it again and I thought hey, it's perfect to start now, considering it's the new year and all, so I'm doing it again!

As to what this basically is, well, I had a sort of meme ongoing on my Tumblr blog, where I basically choose my favourite celebrity that week and highlight them and why I chose them. So I thought to do it sort of here. Basically my favourite character from a book I recently read or something. It can be the main hero or heroine or even the bad guy or just a secondary character I enjoyed reading about.

If anyone would like to join in, please feel free to do so, leave a link in the comments for me to check out!

This week's choice would have to be Emilio Vargas from The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler.

Emilio is this ever so conflicted character that you don't find out much on at the start because Jude is doing all she can to avoid him, and comply with the ridiculous rules her sisters made up against the Vargas boys. Which in turn is another sad thing about the poor boy who just likes Jude and wants her to admit her feelings for him without the constant reminder that his brothers broke her sisters' hearts. But slowly, as Jude spends more time with him and learns more about him and his background story, you start to understand him, and fall in love with him ever so slowly. I think if I had regular book crushes, Emilio would be one of them. He's so considerate, loving, sweet, challenging, mysterious and with a bit of a daredevil streak in him you can only admire. On more than one occasion I found myself wanting to get inside the book and hugging him, or taking him away from Jude because, if she won't make her mind up, I can totally take him off her hands.


And this is it for this week's choice. I'd love to hear your insights on your favorite protagonist/antagonist/character this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment