Saturday, January 11, 2014

I Spy a Protagonist # 3

Hello guys! I started this weekly sort of meme a really long while ago, but for some reason I stopped completely. A fellow blogger asked me if I'd be doing it again and I thought hey, it's perfect to start now, considering it's the new year and all, so I'm doing it again!

As to what this basically is, well, I had a sort of meme ongoing on my Tumblr blog, where I basically choose my favourite celebrity that week and highlight them and why I chose them. So I thought to do it sort of here. Basically my favourite character from a book I recently read or something. It can be the main hero or heroine or even the bad guy or just a secondary character I enjoyed reading about.

If anyone would like to join in, please feel free to do so, leave a link in the comments for me to check out!

So, this week's choice would be based on a book I recently finished and that would be Victor Vale from Vicious by V.E. Schwab.

Now, if you guys have me on twitter you'd know I've been squealing all over this book for the days I've been reading it in, and frankly it's more than worth it. But putting aside the book itself and focusing on Victor, he's a very complex character. Obviously to become the evil mastermind that he is, that much was a given, but there's so much more to his character than that, his history, his family, his friends, the way his mind works, everything about him is so complex. And the best thing about him really is that you can't say for certain if he's good or evil. The lines around his character and very existence are all in shades of grey and very difficult to distinguish and get a solid opinion on him. That's one of the reasons this book is so incredible, the never ending feeling of uncertainty, which is very endearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment