Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Into the Still Blue

Author: Veronica Rossi
ISBN: 0062072099
Book Genre: YA Science Fiction/ Dystopian
Release Date: January 28th 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Book Source: Edelweiss


Goodreads Synopsis:
Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.
The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.
Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.
Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.
In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

Review:

Book two Through The Ever Night had left on a horrible cliffhanger, with a point I was hoping wasn't true. Unfortunately it was, and that lingering feeling in my mind is what made it hard for me to like this book. A lot of people loved the ending of this book and found it as the perfect ending to the trilogy, and I guess in some way since it gave you closure and whatnot it may have been. But there were so many expectations for me with this book, and it didn't deliver.

The thing is, this series hadn't blown me away from the start, it was okay and sort of an enjoyable read, but not as exciting as many people found it. However, by the end of book two, I was sort of immersed in the story due to the many unanswered questions, some of which were how they'd deal with everything that's been going on, the betrayals, the loss of Cinder, being outnumbered and left for dead. But also other ones like what happened with Liv and Aria's true heritage. I remember being ridiculously excited for this book and it's such a shame that it disappointed me as much as it did. I found that there were a lot of unnecessary deaths, a lot of psychotic behavior and acts of violence. And I guess, normally they'd add a brutal yet necessary or dark but colorful element to the tale, but in my head they just made me really really dislike the book.

One of the reasons I had liked book two was Roar, and in this book he wasn't the Roar I liked, plus I just hated how everyone dealt with everything, and the fact that I kept hoping the book would pick up at some point, something brilliant would happen that would make me love it, but it kept not happening, and it was very frustrating. I never got why everyone worshipped Aria, and you don't get to see more into the Dwellers and how they're dealing with everything, the ending was ridiculously short, yet the unimportant parts were written in detail. Why did I have high hopes that some extraordinarily brilliant character will come out of the blue to fix things? Or that they'd find a miraculous alternative solution? I guess I had my hopes set up so high. I shouldn't have.

Rating: 2.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment