Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: The Forever Song

Author: Julie Kagawa
ISBN: 0373211120
Book Genre: 15th April 2014
Release Date:PYA Paranormal/ Supernatural
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Book Source: NetGalley


Goodreads Synopsis:
VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS 
Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? 
With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer. 
MONSTER 
Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 
In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.


Review:

Okay so, wow. It's kind of hard when a series comes to an end you know? Especially when you loved that series very much and the ending was actually well done. Excuse me while I try to gather my thoughts.

The Eternity Cure left off on Sarren the deranged psychopathic vampire kidnapping Ezekiel and torturing him as well as murdering him with proof to torture Allison with. Allison alongside her sire Kanin and her blood brother Jackal are out for vengeance. They want to put a stop to Sarren once and for all, especially since he's out to spread the Red Lung disease and kill everyone on the planet. 

Now I don't know about you but it's clear that the stakes are freaking high. I remember being completely distraught once I finished reading The Eternity Cure, because it was the absolute worst cliffhanger. However, I don't want to give any spoilers because the entire book held a lot of interesting points as well as a surprise I had not seen coming. The book followed similar themes to books one and two with the traveling, the exploring, the searching. The only difference is what they were looking for and who was a part of the journey. I can safely say that having Jackal around was pretty much the highlight of this book. Not as great as book two though, because let's face it, Jackal in book two was epic. I've been sharing some of my favorite quotes of him from TEC all morning because there's something about a psychotic evil brother that you hate that you love, but also know that you hate. The journey in search of Sarren was the most ridiculously hilarious portrayal of a dysfunctional family road trip with two bickering siblings and an exasperated father. Except that the family in question is made up of a bunch of vampires.

Anyhow, the book is too good for me to accidentally spoil some of the key points and surprising events so I'll just leave it off with this, I was really satisfied with this end, I got closure and accepted everything that happened as very well done. Kagawa's writing was as amazing as always and I hate to see those characters go. But I'm excited for the rest of her The Call of the Forgotten books as well as looking  forward to her new Talon series.

Rating: 4.5/5!

1 comment: