Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Rebel

Title: Rebel
Author: Amy Tintera
ISBN: 0062217100
Book Genre: YA Dystopian/ Science Fiction
Release Date: May 13th 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Book Source: Edelweiss


Goodreads Synopsis:
The sequel to the action-packed Reboot is a can't-miss thrill ride, perfect for fans of James Patterson, Veronica Roth, and Marie Lu.
After coming back from death as Reboots and being trained by HARC as soldiers, Wren and Callum have finally escaped north, where they hope to find a life of freedom. But when they arrive at the Reboot Reservation, it isn't what they expected. Under the rule of a bloodthirsty leader, Micah, the Reboots are about to wage an all-out war on the humans. Although Wren's instincts are telling her to set off into the wilderness on their own and leave the battle far behind, Callum is unwilling to let his human family be murdered. When Micah commits the ultimate betrayal, the choice is made for them. But Micah has also made a fatal mistake . . . he's underestimated Wren and Callum.

The explosive finale to the Reboot duology is full of riveting action and steamy love scenes as Wren and Callum become rebels against their own kind.


Review:

I read Reboot last june and I remember it being one of the most books I've been looking forward to based on description alone. Aside from the whole sudden change in Wren thing in book one, she acted completely different in less time than expected, the story was incredible. The premise of the story was inspired, the whole background story was well developed and I just appreciated the whole thing. Which is why I'd been looking forward to the sequel.

Rebel takes place right where Reboot left off with them finally finding the Reboot sanctuary, but obviously not everything is what it seems. Wren had turned from a scary assassin to the girl all the Reboots look up to based on the fact that she'd freed everyone in the Austin facility. Now the country is in complete havoc with two sides fighting again, but Wren is stuck in the middle and has no idea where her loyalties should lie. Especially since all she wants to do is just take Callum and run away just enough to make sure he's safe. She doesn't count on being drawn into this oncoming war whether she likes it or not.

I absolutely loved book one, the writing in particular was so incredible, I found myself finishing the book before I even noticed. The best part about this book was seeing it take place no only from Wren's point of view, but from Callum's as well. It's such an interesting contrast from the sweet pacifist who's more human than Reboot, and the emotionless trained killing machine. Yet in an odd way they compliment one another and help the other grow. I can't possibly explain how much I loved this book and how I am dying for more books by Amy Tintera right now!

Favorite Callum quotes:

Okay, maybe I was jealous. She'd looked at me like I was an alien at first, but now I was pretty sure she liked me. Well more than pretty sure. Mostly sure. As close as you can get to sure without being totally sure. She had left her "home" (prison) for me, and then risked her life and took down an entire HARC facility to save me. I thought that was like Wren's version of "I'm totally into you." I'd take it.

"I plan, you do the punching-people-in-the-face part. I like how this works."

No comments:

Post a Comment