Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Blog Tour Stop: Kissing Eden Review





Title: Loving Eden
Author: T.A. Foster
ISBN: 1502399741
Book Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Release Date: September 25th 2014
Book Source: InkslingerPr

Buy Now: Amazon - B&N - iTunes - Smashwords

Goodreads Synopsis:
Have you ever thought of packing up everything you own and moving halfway across the country?
I’m talking about leaving your entire life behind—friends, family, school—with no turning back. No? Me either, but that was before a week of spring break changed my life forever. Before I did something I never thought I’d do at twenty-two. Before I fell in love with Grey.
Sometimes happily ever after isn’t always what you think it will be.

Review:

I am such a huge fan of New Adult lately, and when I read Kissing Eden I was kind of curious as to how things go from there, because it didn't end with much knowledge on where the future is taking Eden and Grey. So needless to say I was really excited to get this sequel and find out more on their life as a couple.

It's a kind of interesting change on book one because the main focus of that was Eden recovering from the break up with her douchebag ex, being in a new town all alone for spring break and staying at the weird Palm Palace motel because her ex stole her reservation. She's having a bad day that kind of turns into such a pleasant trip and a lovely spring break romance. Now book two on the other hand is more focused on the drama of moving across the country for the guy you love and trying to adjust to your new life together as well as saving a motel not just from falling apart, but from someone coming into the mix working so hard to tear it down.

I wasn't sure I'd like this side of the story because mostly it's the romantic part that appeals to me, not the domesticated part, but I did love it anyway, besides being with Grey is kind of like starting all over again with some of his jerk moves. This was such a fun read, and kind of cool to see how they both dealt with living together part as well as Eden dealing with her move to a new state and doing it all alone, I loved seeing her work hard to try and save the motel and make it work with Grey, definitely fun.

What I didn't like was Eden's friend Taylor, I'm sorry but I can't possibly imagine a worst best friend, very selfish with absolutely no 'sisters before misters' or support my best friend till the end moments. I love great friends, but she was definitely NOT one. I hate that not once was there an admittance that she was a bit sorry on hooking up with Grey and Eden's mortal enemy, even if she had no intention of breaking it off, just a small, 'I get it's wrong but I can't help it okay?' Kind of move. There was nothing, just a hissy fit when Eden pointed out how uncomfortable she was over it. Seriously, Eden was the one to try to make it up to her, I mean, what the hell?

I also think the last part was kind of rushed. I wanted more to the story. I quite enjoyed it and I guess I just found it to short. But I really liked this quick and fun read!

Rating: 3/5.



a Rafflecopter giveaway


T.A. Foster's Bio:
T.A. Foster once spent a monthlong spring break on South Padre Island, where she soaked in the Texas sun, beach, and learned what real Texas country music is. Sometimes fiction does spring from reality.

She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children, and two canine kiddos.

T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing, or planning her next beach trip.


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment