Monday, May 18, 2015

Flirting With Scandal : Review

Title: Flirting With Scandal
Author: Chanel Cleeton
ISBN: 0698193601
Book Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Release Date: 19th May 2015
Publisher: Intermix
Book Source: NetGalley


Goodreads Synopsis:

Jackie Gardner knows all about dirty little secrets. The illegitimate daughter of one of the most influential senators in Washington, D.C., she grew up surrounded by the scandals and shadows of politics. Now that she's landed an internship with a powerful political consulting firm, she's determined to launch her career and take this city by storm.
William Andrew Clayton was born for politics. He knows the drill: work hard, play discreetly, and at all costs, avoid scandal. At twenty-six, his campaign for the Virginia State Senate is the first step to cementing his future. It's time for him to settle down, to find the perfect political spouse. He needs a Jackie Kennedy, not a Marilyn... 
When Jackie meets Will in the bar of the Hay-Adams Hotel, sparks fly. But the last thing Will needs is to be caught in a compromising position, and an affair with a political candidate could cost Jackie her career. When what began as one steamy night, becomes a passion neither one of them can walk way from, they must decide if what they have is really love, or just another dirty little secret.



Review:

I'm hopelessly in love with Chanel Cleeton's New Adult books. I was so into the International School series. I remember raving about it on both my blog and my youtube channel. So, I was definitely looking forward to reading this new book, though I was uncertain if I'll like it as much. I did, I might have even loved it more.

I think the most thing I loved about the story was how different it was from Chanel's other work, not just with the premise. It was unique and full of all these interesting and very well- developed characters. I enjoyed seeing their transformations throughout the book. I enjoyed their interactions, and Will in particular was incredible for me, there was something about such an innocent and sweet character that's so different to both Samir and Max that made me absolutely adore him.

I finished the book in less time than I had anticipated and enjoyed every minute reading it. I'm very impatiently waiting for the next book in this series because I'm absolutely in love and jumpy as hell, especially with the chapter sample from the next book. That was torturous. The writing was as great as always, the characters well-rounded, and the book very fun to read.

Rating: 4.5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment